Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Brian Bowles

2 partecipanti

Andare in basso

Brian Bowles Empty Brian Bowles

Messaggio Da Freestyle Wrestling Gio Ago 20 2009, 23:49

Brian Bowles, fighter di MMA imbattuto proveniente dalla Lotta Libera, ha sconfitto Miguel Torres (fino a pochi giorni fa, il migliore della categoria) durante il WEC 42 diventando il nuovo campione dei 62 kg.

Questa è una sua intervista rilasciata negli scorsi mesi :

Fighters.com caught up with HardCore Gym standout and World Extreme Cagefighting rising star Brian Bowles (6-0-0) just days before his fight against Will Ribeiro (8-2-0) at WEC 37 in Las Vegas 3 December. Brian’s undefeated record is beginning to stir notice amongst fans and analysts alike. The approaching fight is an extremely important affair as many insiders cite another win for the Georgia native will put him on track to a championship bout.

Fighters.com: Brian, there are some similarities between you and current WEC featherweight champion Mike Thomas Brown (16-4-0). Brown flew under most people’s radar until he recently defeated “California Kid” Urijah Faber (21-2-0) at WEC 36. What are your thoughts on how the WEC has marketed fighters such as yourself, Brown and others?

Brian Bowles: Well, honestly, I think they do the best they can. I don’t think they have a lot of room to market every fighter in the organization. So I think they just focus on their champs. You know, its a new organization.

Fighters.com: Your victory over “Angel of Death” Damacio Page (8-4-0) at WEC 35 was quite impressive. That guillotine choke you landed was devastating. Your upcoming opponent has three knockouts in his last four fights while you have wins by both striking and submissions. What discipline if any do you think twill benefit you most in the fight against Will Ribeiro (8-2-0).

Brian Bowles: Well, I’m a wrestler. I am a much better wrestler than Ribeiro so I should have the choice of whether I want to keep it standing or go to the ground. I know he has good hands but I think my hands match up as good as his do. I think I match up well with him wherever the fight goes.

Fighters.com: Your on a three win streak in the WEC. There’s been chatter for a few months that a victory at WEC 37 will potentially earn you a shot at Miguel Torres (34-1-0). Torres is famous for his ground game. Where do you stack up against a fighter such as Torres?

Brian Bowles: Well you know, I like to think I match up well with anybody. But I think I match up very well with Torres. I think I’d be stronger than Torres in a fight. My stand-up is just as good as his and my wrestling is better. So, again, I’d try to keep things wherever I need the fight to be. So, yeah, I think I match-up very well with Torres.

Fighters.com: In a recent interview Fighters.com conducted with Rory Singer (12-8-0) of the HardCore Gym, he labeled you as the “Mini Forrest.” Of course Rory is one of your main coaches and he also originally trained current UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin (16-4-0). What are your thoughts on being compared to Griffin and exactly what characteristics do the two of you share with one another?

Brian Bowles: Wow, I have no idea. I don’t really see it that much. I guess maybe others see it in our attitudes and our work ethics. But in my opinion, I don’t really think we fight that much alike. Maybe other people may see it differently. I’d definitely like to have the success that he has. That would be awesome. But you know, Forrest has changed his style completely as a fighter. I have too recently. Because I started off as just a straight wrestler. Maybe it’s just the transition of both of us into better fighters and our work ethic and drive in fights that is the similarity some people see between us.

Fighters.com: Speaking of Forrest Griffin. I can’t let an interview with a Hardcore Gym fighter pass without asking an opinion on his approaching title defense. How do you think Forrest will do against “Sugar” Rashad Evans (12-0-1)?

Brian Bowles: I think Forrest is going to beat Rashad. Forrest always comes out with a great gameplan and I think his hands are better than Rashad’s. And I think most people underestimate Forrest’s ground game. He has a great ground game. So I think he is going to beat Rashad.

Fighters.com: When are you leaving Athens for Las Vegas to prepare for the big fight at WEC 37?

Brian Bowles: We leave on Saturday.

Fighters.com: I have seen many fighters gas out over the years from traveling to a different geographic location just a few days before a fight. Do you notice any effect on your body when you change time zones and atmospheres so soon before a fight?

Brian Bowles: No, I haven’t noticed a change at all. You know, it’s easier going from here to there than it is coming from there back with the time change. So, yeah, I have never noticed any change. I feel the same fighting in Georgia or Las Vegas.

Fighters.com: Brian, thanks for talking to FIghters.com. Best of luck.

Brian Bowles: Yeah man, I appreciate it.

Donte : fighters.com

Freestyle Wrestling
Freestyle Wrestling
Admin

Numero di messaggi : 135

http://lottagrappling.altervista.org/

Torna in alto Andare in basso

Brian Bowles Empty Re: Brian Bowles

Messaggio Da Vituz Sab Ago 22 2009, 11:48

Purtroppo ho trovato solo questo filmato bruttarello e mal realizzato sul combattimento [Devi essere iscritto e connesso per vedere questo link]
Vituz
Vituz

Numero di messaggi : 22

Messaggio Da Freestyle Wrestling Sab Ago 22 2009, 12:04

Del resto l'incontro è durato poco, grazie del video.
Freestyle Wrestling
Freestyle Wrestling
Admin

Numero di messaggi : 135

http://lottagrappling.altervista.org/

Messaggio Da Contenuto sponsorizzato

Contenuto sponsorizzato